Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/my 2 1/2 yr old son is deaf

Question
we have did all the test.. cochlear implant was next stop ..we lost our insurance now and i dont know what steps to take to get the surgery completed asap .. iam lost and dont know how to help my son

Answer
I am sorry this happened to you. My suggestions are:

1. Try to apply for your son for Medicaid. The financial guidelines for Medicaid are more flexible for children.
2. If you cannot get Medicaid approval, you can always apply for low cost insurance thru healthcare.gov.
3. There are also local agencies that offers assistances to the hearing impaired.  Check with your local health and human services office for more information.

I hope you are able to get the help you need.  

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Joy B. Hicks, MBA, CPM