Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Switching from Humana to Medicare

Question
My mother (age 95) has moved from her condo to an assisted living place but my sister (78) still must do Mom's wash, take her to doctors, pick up her prescriptions and she is worn out from 12 years of constant assistance to our mother.  We don't know what the possible consequences are to a switch (other than the new place will take on the aforementioned tasks), especially what happens to Mom's condo ownership and the small portfolio from which she receives monthly income.  Does Medicare take over ownership of her assets?  Would she have medical coverage during the switch from Humana to Medicare?  My mother and sister live in Florida.

Answer
You need to call Medicare to see how to make the transition.  Medicare does not cover the services that your mother needs.  Humana is just a version of Medicare and has nothing to do with assets.  Please call the Dept of Aging in your state to get some advice and help.  Medicaid is asset dependent.  

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Merry Schiff