Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Inactive Insurance

I have insurance through the health reform act.  My MD tried to verify my benefits and they were given the message of "Inactive, Pending Investigation".  I called BC/BS and they couldn't figure it out. They said a payment was showing but was not posted so they were going to do that.  They said on their side they didn't see the message we were getting. Not sure what is going on, and the agent from BC/BS who helped me sign up, was not very responsive.  What could this mean?? I have only filed two claims and they were for Rx coverage at $4.05 each.  Thank you for any assistance!!

Robin, assuming you are making your monthly insurance payments on time, then your Dr. should accept your ID card.  All the insurance companies have been so swamped that it's been very difficult to verify things, but we are all hoping that they catch up.  If you think there might be something that isn't right, I would suggest calling where you signed up.  I hope this helps.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.