Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medigap Insurance

Question
QUESTION: I am asking for a 64 year old male, who will be 65 next month and wants to sign up for medicare supplemental insurance.

He is in excellent health and spends most of his time out of the country. The primary purpose of the insurance would be for catastrophic events. I am wondering which Plan would be good for him.

He is in Texas and also needs to compare current premium schedules for supplemental insurance. Is there a site where one can see the premiums for the companies that provide ins. in Texas?

ANSWER: Dixie, sorry for the delay - I was out of town for the weekend.  Only an agent would be able to compare prices for all the different companies and since I am a broker with many, many companies to shop through, I would be delighted to assist him.  I need the zip code please and a way to reply.  You can actually email me directly at hoppc@sbcglobal.net.

QUESTION: I've sent a follow up question to you directly.

Answer
Dixie, when turning 65, this is a guaranteed issue time no matter the health of the applicant for Medicare supplement insurance.  I always advise an F plan for the main reason you never know what may happen - therefore, get the best when you can because if you get a lesser plan you wouldn't be able to upgrade if there are health issues resulting from an accident or illness.  Otherwise, what I would consider a catastrophic plan would be the F+ plan.  It has a $2140 deductible, then it follows Medicare paying allowable charges.  

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp