Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/dual benefits????

i have medicare/medicaid full and part d. i was recently reading and i see that fidelis which is in my county in ny gives $1000 in extra benefits if the insurance is with them and not direct from the government.and also benefits for otc items. why and how can they do this? is fidelis insurance not as good as straight medicare/medicaid? hopefully you will understand what i am asking.

Hi Ben - sorry for the delay.  Certain Medicare Advantage plans are designed to assist the Medi/Medi population.  You still must use the doctors and facilities that are in their Medicaid network and they will cover everything that Medicare covers and more.  The reason they can do this is Medicare pays them X amount of dollars every month for each person enrolled.  They will offer additional benefits to entice your enrollment.  I believe it is certainly worthwhile to look into a plan like this, just be sure all your doctors are in the network and all aspects work for you.  They become your primary insurer if you sign up.  I hope this helped.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.