Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medicare

When I get Medicare, I will likely get a medigap plan and try to find the insurance company that offers the least expensive one, since I read that all the A-N plans are the same. But do most people get part D from the same company they get their medigap plan from? Sure would be easier than trying to find yet another company for that too.  Thanks

The best plan is Plan F. Do look into that one. Has the most comprehensive coverage. Not all companies offer Drug Plans. I would go to and look up the drugs that you take. That will help you decide on the plan. I personally use another company. I have AARP as my Medigap plan F and it has been terrific. I have never paid one penny out of pocket except foe the premiums and I have had multiple surgeries and rehab stays etc.

Congrats on getting to be 65. Medicare is the best present I think.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Merry Schiff

I am very familar with Medicare and general insurance questions. I can answer general questions about HMO's.

I have been in the medical billing industry for 50 years. I have helped develop software for this industry. I am a consultant to billers and the medical profession.

I am the Executive Director of NEBA, a medical billing organization with nearly 1000 members.

I have been teaching medical billing for many years as well as being a published author with Pearson Education. One book on medical billing (nearly 800 pages) and one on HIPAA.