Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medi-Cal Eligibility

Question
Hello. I live in CA and I'm receiving SSDI, Medicare, Medi-Cal and Food Stamps as I am totally disabled. My parents set up a Special Needs Trust & the Trustee put some money in my bank account for a few months for dental expenses. Will that money cause my Medi-Cal and FS to be discontinued bcuz the trustee payed me directly rather than the dentist?  Thank you so much for your help.

Answer
Lavay, I honestly don't know.  The MediCal rules seem to change all the time.  Unless you're due for a re-evaluation, and the money is not spent soon enough to your dentist, you could run into a problem.  If you think it could cause a problem, work it out with the Trust to return the money and have them pay the dentist directly when the work is done.  I hope this helps.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp