Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Humana

QUESTION: If I have an elderly person entering a nursing home with private pay, why would he have to dis enroll from Humana first? If he is private pay then that should be sufficient shouldn't it?

ANSWER: Hi Kim, interesting question.  We're talking about two different things here.  I believe when you say 'private pay', that's just for the bed and care.  This person still needs medical insurance and depending on who is telling you he has to disenroll, the only thing I can think of is that Humana might have a Special Needs Plan in that county, which is designed to work when someone is in a nursing home, or other special needs criteria.  I wonder what they're telling you to replace Humana with for medical.

QUESTION: The facility is telling me that he has to dis enroll.....they say they do not take Humana and if he went to the hospital for any reason they would not be able to accept him back.

OK Kim, then please use this link that will connect you with a licensed agent in your area to pick a different plan that will best suit his needs.  He'll have a Special Enrollment Period available to him.
I hope this helps.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.