Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/lack of choices

I have medicare for SSDI. I also have UHC insurance from HEWLETT PACKARD. I am still on long term insurance from HP.  But I cannot get outpatient mental health help because medicare stops it.  How do I get insurance to help me with my needs. I need outpatient intensive care and cannot get it.  Is there a way to bypass worthless medicare.

Hi Sandy

For services not covered by Medicare, you are not obligated to provide Medicare as an insurance.  When you visit your outpatient mental health provider make sure you present your UHC insurance card to be filed. Contact your UHC insurance company to make sure that this is the recommended practice for mental health procedures before making an appointment.  

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Joy B. Hicks, MBA, CPM

As a Medical Office Expert, I can answer any question related to the medical office from the prospective of hospital and physician office staff and patients.

I have been in the medical office field for 12 years and also have a blog that provides advice, information, and tips about the medical office.

Certified Practice Manager
AAS Business Administration
BA Health Care Administration
MBA w/ healthcare specialization