Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/follow up on medicare supplemnt plan

Question
Hi Cindy, I contacted you last Month and asked advice for traversing the medicare supplemental quagmire and you told me that I would be paying ballpark $180.00 for it (including D)...right now (under my wifes family plan), we are paying #237.00 a Month , so if I understand you correctly, she would need to get "single" coverage for less then $57.00 a Month to even consider dropping the family plan and getting a separate I supplement plan...is that correct? I am certain if a family plan under BCBS is $237 then a single will be at least half that if not a little more?....am I missing something??..thank you confused...I mean Nick:)

Answer
Hi Nick, I reviewed the original question and answer, and I would suggest you find out exactly what your wife would cost as an employee.  It may not be half as you calculated.  If all in all getting your own insurance is not cost effective, then stay on her coverage until she retires.  Then contact me.  Good luck.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp