Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/medicare

Question
I will be turning 65 next year and had a question about Medicare. I've had individual health insurance for a long time and it's always paid 80% and I paid 20%. With medicare part B paying about 80%, I know that many people get a supplement to pay the rest. I'm relatively healthy now, and unless I had a incur a huge hospital bill, wouldn't it be less expensive, or about the same, to pay 20% instead of paying a lot of money each month for a medicare supplement?  Thanks

Answer
When I was 65 I did not know I would have as many joint replacements, cataract surgeries etc. as I did. I would strongly recommend that you consider getting a Medigap plan. I personally like the one I have AARP. If you needed surgery you must account for the surgeon, the labs, the anesthesiologist etc. I would never recommend being without. You can easily lose everything very fast to one medical bill.

Merry (I do not sell insurance)

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Merry Schiff