Medieval History/Albigensian Crusade

My question concerns the activities of the Inquisitors in the Languedoc during the 1230s and 1240s, if any. I know there was a military campaign continuing around the area during these years but were the Inquisitors still working against the Cathars or was the Inquisition over?

Marcus, this is not really my topic, but as I interpret Wikipedia, the Inquisition was still active in Albi, Narbonne, and Toulouse until 1235. The article (Albigensian Crusade) does not mention the Inquisition in other cities one way or the other. A different source I have suggests the Inquisition was later restored in Toulouse as 80 Cathars were burned at the stake there in 1249.

Hope this answers your question,   C.M.  

Medieval History

C.M. Aaron

I've been studying the early medieval period for almost 20 years. In particular, I've studied the fall of the Roman Empire, the barbarian invasions/migrations, early barbarian law codes, the early medieval church, technology of the period, military campaigns and tactics, and some of the early barbarian dynasties, especially the Merovingians in Gaul (France).

Twenty years of self study. I also write historical fiction of this era.

Bachelor's degree.