Medieval History/Romanesque Period

Question
Why do you think there was such a strong positive reception to the concept of relics in the Romanesque period

Answer
I'd say a "strong positive reception" is putting it mildly. To the devout, which were many during the Romanesque period; relics were as real as the trees, water, or ground. Relics were (and even now are) a way for people to get closer to who they firmly believed in. Both because they felt it was the right thing to do, and because it brought them comfort in hard times (war, famine, diseases, etc.).

Medieval History

Zachary Phillips