Medieval History/question..

good day
where can i learn more about money lending and banking during the medieval period.
just as how the financial history of the last 500 years can be read about in detail; where can one learn more about the financial world in the medieval period including more on banking and financiers of that period.

Hi Sam,

I recommend two books. First is Niall Ferguson's The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World (2009).

The second is Paul Strathern's The Medici: Godfather's of the Renaissance. Either one of these books will provide valuable insights. Both together they will give you a very broad understanding of the development of banking in medieval Europe, and the consequences of that.

Medieval History

Marc Aperio

I'll be glad to answer any question related to Medieval Europe, the Byzantine Empire, and the rise of Islam and Christianity during the period 300-1500.

I've studies history for nearly 20 years. I'm currently also volunteering in the US and European history catergories.

My newest book WE NEED TO TALK: 27 DIALOGUES ON RACE IN AMERICA is available in the Amazon Kindle store. Also the author of AMERICAN REVOLUTION 2016: RATIONALE AND AIMS FOR RADICAL CHANGE

BA History (High Honors)