Meditation/Headaches after meditation

I have been meditating for a while. And I can assure that my third is opening. But the problem is after meditation, I am having headaches on my back side of my head. Is it really a problem? How to meditate with out having headaches?
         Thank you.

As you can see in my message, I can only give advice about transcending. Other forms of meditation, particularly those involving concentration, are outside of my expertise.

That having been said, headaches during any mental technique are most often the result of effort. Frequently, we are so used to effort that we don't even see it as effort.

Further information can be found from your meditation teacher (anybody practicing meditation should have a teacher, at least to prevent doing oneself damage).

I hope this helps.

David Spector

David Spector

I can answer questions about life lived free from stress, and on techniques used to transcend thinking, gain deep rest, and eliminate stress stored in the nervous system, including: how they work, their benefits, and how to learn them. I have been practicing Transcendental Meditation for 45 years, and was made a TM teacher in 1972. I currently teach Natural Stress Relief (NSR).

I am President of Natural Stress Relief/USA (NSR/USA). I distribute the English hardcopy version of the NSR self-instruction learning materials. I am a former teacher of Transcendental MeditationŽ (TMŽ), having been trained in the 1971-1972 by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi for eight months in residence. I currently teach NSR.

Istituto Scientia (Massa, Italy).

See for scientific research published on NSR.

B.A., physics, M.A. equiv., computer science. Transcendental Meditation: Governor of the Age of Enlightenment (not recertified).