Men`s Clothing/Cummerbund and Bow tie Colors

Is it necessary for the cummerbund and bow tie to match in color? I was thinking of wearing a black cummerbund with a deep or dark blue bow tie, but if that doesn't work I could always go with the matching vest and bow tie.

It is NOT necessary for the cummerbund and bowtie to match though generally it would be the bowtie which would be black (hence black tie) and the cummerbund which can be black or dark blue, maroon etc and not the other way around.
You can learn more about how clothing works at

Men`s Clothing

Ravis Custom Tailor

We have been in the custom tailoring business for 25 years and can answer all questions related to custom tailoring, made to measure, customizations, standards of constructions and how to tell good construction from bad, fit related questions etc. Anything to do with mens clothing - specifically custom clothing can be addressed by us

25 years in the custom tailoring field - we have our own workshops in the Far East and produce over 3000 custom suits a month, 5000 custom shirts a month

Members of the Sewing and Design Professionls of America

Learnt on the Job - Apprenticed for 5 years before starting our own establishment.