Men`s Clothing/Cummerbund and Bow tie Colors

Question
Is it necessary for the cummerbund and bow tie to match in color? I was thinking of wearing a black cummerbund with a deep or dark blue bow tie, but if that doesn't work I could always go with the matching vest and bow tie.

Answer
It is NOT necessary for the cummerbund and bowtie to match though generally it would be the bowtie which would be black (hence black tie) and the cummerbund which can be black or dark blue, maroon etc and not the other way around.
You can learn more about how clothing works at http://www.ravistailor.com/articles.php

Thanks
www.ravistailor.com

Men`s Clothing

Ravis Custom Tailor