Men`s Health/leg problem

Question
Gentleman has swollen leg from knee down to toes. Red, hot and now some toes turning blue.  Was in hosp. and emerg. Ultrasound, blood work, ex-ray and 17 days of antibiotics incl. direct vein antibiotic.   Nothing has changed, sent him home because can't figure it out.  Any ideas?  It is not cellulitis either

Answer
Pat,

I'm not a doctor, but this is SO strange that you would send me this question because this sounds strangely familiar to what to my mother 3 years ago. She got bit by a damn spider and that EXACT same scenario happened to her. To this day she has a horrible scar on the back of her leg and has permanent nerve damage. No one could figure out what was wrong with her and every test came back negative.....seen any itsy-bitsies lately?

Best wishes,

John

Men`s Health

John Brice