Men`s Health/I have bumps on my scrotum & penis?

I have these bumps on my scrotum & penis. They're small and red and sort of look like a pimple. But, they also look like insect bites. So I ruled out the theory of insect bites because it is only in my genital area. It can't be HPV (genital warts) because my wife is the only woman I've ever been sexually active with. I was thinking of a mild case of Folliculitis, but I didn't know if it could affect my penis shaft & my foreskin? I had one of these bumps maybe a month or two ago & didn't think anything about it, & it went away after a few weeks. One of them came back again and slowly over this past week more have formed. I have approximately 7-8 bumps all together on my scrotum & penis. Please help me on finding my diagnosis, because I do not want to confront a physician for inspection. It has me worried that it could be something serious & I need your help.

Those are Fordyce's spots, which are a form of sebaceous cyst or acne and not a disease. In fact, they are genetically inherited and a lot of people have them, including myself. They can appear anywhere in the genital area, but most often appear in the scrotum, shaft, and glans. You can even get them around your mouth. They should never be popped as that can lead to infection and scarring and they can come back, which is why you leave them alone. However, if you want to get a second opinion from your doctor that's great! But you definitely don't have to be afraid of sex. I still advise you to use a barrier method when having intercourse of course.

Men`s Health

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Very used to answering questions about nocturnal erections and emissions, premature ejaculation, and even consulted with clients regarding priapism. Knowledgeable about anatomical and psychological issues involving the genitalia; i.e: vaginismus, Peyronie's disease, and priapism.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 2 years and parenting educator for 2 years. *Certified Wellness Coach, Spencer Institute #1569339775 *Certified Holistic Life Coach, Spencer Institute #1567694241 *North Carolina State Registered Substance Abuse Counselor, #CSAC-20430 *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512

*Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University