Men`s Health/strange rash on penis head and foreskin

photo of rash
photo of rash  
I noticed strange rash on my penis head.
I feel some ichyness and a bit of burning sensation while urinating. I had sex only with one woman and I'm her first partner too. None of us have any STI as much as we know and we use protecrion. I'm 19 years old.

ANSWER: Mantas,

You're probably experiencing abrasions from intercourse. Typically, when using a barrier method, you also should be using a water or silicone based lubricant. Condoms can tend to be quite dry and every woman is different as far as their internal lubrication. So its entirely possible for you to have abrasions while still using a condom. Its also possible that you experienced a slight allergic reaction to the condom quite possible. Have you ever used latex before? Noticed a similar itching and burning reaction? That could also be the culprit and it wouldn't be to uncommon either, in which case you should be buying polyisoprene or a polyurethane condom instead, which will no longer cause reactions. If you want some relief, you can use a couple dabs of hydrocortisone cream applied to your glans to help heal some of the irritation, but only for a couple of days at the most. Let me know what you experience if this happens again with another latex condom.

QUESTION: It occured after oral And I never had any allergies from condoms. I surfed the internet that it might be balanoposthytis from yeast infection.

If you were wearing the condom correctly, then you wouldn't have balanitis at all. The condom would have protected you from that. So either the condom was worn incorrectly and you accidentally came into contact with her vagina and contracted a fungal infection or I stand by my original assumption and its just a contact reaction.

Men`s Health

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Very used to answering questions about nocturnal erections and emissions, premature ejaculation, and even consulted with clients regarding priapism. Knowledgeable about anatomical and psychological issues involving the genitalia; i.e: vaginismus, Peyronie's disease, and priapism.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 2 years and parenting educator for 2 years. *Certified Wellness Coach, Spencer Institute #1569339775 *Certified Holistic Life Coach, Spencer Institute #1567694241 *North Carolina State Registered Substance Abuse Counselor, #CSAC-20430 *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512

*Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University