You are here:

Men`s Rights/Child support vs exstortion


Hello, I had found out that  I was being charged child support while still living in the home with my child and mother. Then I had went to prison from the home, the state that I was a ward of was charging me child support of 150.00 a month. Then upon release I was thousands of dollars in debt. What can I really about this issue?

Dear Steven,
Family law varies from state to state, but if you have any sort of proof that you were living with your child and the mother, and you can prove money went toward the child's provision, you can probably get a judge to look at that information or someone in the support enforcement division.  
However, if she was collecting state assistance while the two of you lived together, then the state will probably expect you to pay.  Most states have an automatic "child support reimbursement" that reclaims some of the aid for dependent children.  
Since I really don't know the details of your situation in regard to the child's provision since birth, I can't tell you which way it will go, but those are the factors that are considered.  
If you and the mother provided for the child without state assistance and you can prove you were part of the household and providing, then you may be able to get some of the amount in arrears reduced.
I wish you well.
Kind Regards,
KD Liz  

Men`s Rights

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger


I can answer questions regarding G~d given rights of men. As a woman, I can answer many questions regarding the destructiveness of feminism, both to men and women. I cannot answer what it is to be a man in a time in this world in which men have been discounted and disrespected.


minister, counseled men regarding divorce, 'abuse accusations,' court ordered, anger management. Actually was removed from YWCA volunteer list for my belief in the Bible and support of men, rather than feminism.

©2017 All rights reserved.