Metallurgy/925 TONNES RAMSHORN HOOKS CONSTRUCTION and CORROSION

Question
QUESTION: Good morning Sir,
I am a SHES expert presently studying Marine Surveying.
Please can you guide me on how to answer these questions?

Question 1:
Write an analysis of 3 corrosion processes and explain in detail how they affect structural integrity of parts in service, with particular emphasis on applied loads, stress concentration and the material's response to them.
How can these corrosion processes be avoided?

Question 2
Lifting hooks on a very large floating crane,
2 x 925 tonnes.
what material and grade these might be made from and explain why.
Describe in detail two(2) processes of constructing such hooks.
Explain which method is most suitable, considering LOAD TRANSMISSION, CONCEPT OF LOAD PATHS, and STRESS CONCENTRATION.

Thanks for your help.

ANSWER: Dear Sam,
On seeing your question, I could remind of my student life- a student doing home work.This is an experts site- you are not supposed to give your home work to experts.Give me 3-days time and surely I will do your home work and return it back.OK,HAPPY-2014.
RP SHARMA

QUESTION: Thanks Mr RP Sharma. Please did you get a chance to look at the questions again?

Thanks again in anticipation.

Sam

Answer
Dear Sam,
You will get the answer on 3rd January as busy in festival season as well routine work.
Please co-operate.Wish you a happy-2014
RP SHARMA

925 TON HOOKS:
MATERIAL: DIN class-V 34CrNiMo6 OR 34CrNiMo8(super alloy steel)
MANUFACTURING PROCESS: DROP FORGING (STEEL), HEAT-TREATED
TESTS: CHARPY NOTCH TEST, MECHANICAL PROPERTIES TEST, ULTRASONIC TEST AND MAGNETIC PARTICLE TEST FOR CERTIFIED QUALITY AND CRACK FREE.

VISIT: http://www.millerproducts.net/PDF/Miller%20Lifting%20Products%20Forged%20Hooks%2  for details of hooks and its supplier- you will get a great releif.
VISIT: http://www.steelnumber.com/en/steel_composition_eu.php?name_id=196   for details of composition/grade/property of 34CrNiMo8steel
VISIT:http://www.steelnumber.com/en/steel_composition_eu.php?name_id=196     for the details of 34CrNiMo6 steel

Nickle,crome and moly gives a proper combination of hardness, strength, toughness, fatigue and resistance to corrosion (In case sea water is an environment for use)heat-treatment play a great role here.
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH ABOVE INPUTS TO CARRY FORWARD YOUR PROJECT.YOU CAN ASK ME FURTHER AS I CAN REALLY ALIGN YOUR RESEARCH IN A REQUIRED DIRECTION.
ALL THE BEST,
RP SHARMA

Metallurgy

RAJINDER PRASAD SHARMA