Metallurgy/Aluminium ingots

Hello sir good day to you.
I am umang vadodaria from Gujarat and is interested to start manufacturing aluminium ingots. therefore am into some researches.
I have queries- If we want to manufacture aluminium alloy lets say 6063. then do we have to add it's alloy or the scrap itself contains the alloy we just need to melt in furnace.? and what for all the alloys.

And can we cast aluminium in quantity by sand casting (10 tons approx) and how.?

Where is ingot used in an automobile.? Also i need some general information further. So can i call at your time.?

Thanking you
umang vadodaria

Dear Umang,
you can't make 6063 from scrap as alloying elements are having very less percentage e.g Silico=0.4-1.2%. Scrap has many other undesired composition.You can make other grades like ADC-12,LM-6,LM-4, AC2B etc
You can cast 10 ton from sand casting.These days Gravity and pressure die casting are more popular.In sand casting you need silica sand,binder,patterns and melting furnace. Molten aluminium is poured into the sand mould and you will get castings after metal gets solidified.Ingots are used for making castings and these castings can be of automobile components.You need to make A-360,ADC-12&LM-6,these three grades are more popular.
Alloys have different properties and based upon desired property alloy is selected.
Hope things are in line with your requirement.

Questions that i can answer:- 1-sand casting of cast iron,S.G. iron,steel and aluminium alloys 2-Gravity die casting of aluminium 3-Low pressure die casting of aluminium 4-High pressure die casting of aluminium 5-Failure analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous castings Questions that i can`t answer:- 1-testing of iron and steel 2-Problem related to welding 3-Problems related to corrosion 4-Amorphous metals,rubbers,nylon,plastics and plastic moulding

1-Sand casting and ferrous and non-ferrous alloys 2-Gravity die casting,low pressure die casting,high pressure die casting of aluminium alloys.With a specialisation in auto-mobile components castings. 3-Alloy steel making on arc furnace,AOD,VOD,Con-cast root of alloy steel making. I have been working as Foundry man since last 27 years.

Hindustan motors Ltd.

I am a Metallurgical Engineer graduated from National institute of Technology,warangal(India) in 1984 and in 1991 i completed my masters degree in business administration(M.B.A.) from Institute of Management Technology,Ghaziabad(India).