Metallurgy/Composite Aluminium Material

I'm an aerospace undergraduate and was wondering, given your background in metallurgy with Aluminium, if you could tell me how an Aluminium, Silicon, Silver, Iron composite material:

1. Would be made
2. What technology would be required
3. What companies have the technology to complete such an order.

Dear Methew,
There is not much to think here as Al-Si-Fe alloys are already in practice.Before I answer you question, following inputs are required from you;
1) What composition you are aiming at
2) What application you want/expect from this composition of composite.
3) What mechanical properties you are looking at
4) Is cost a factor to consider here.
5) Based on above inputs, I may suggest you some equivalent cheaper alloy that may meet your requirement.
6) In what shape(ingots/castings/sheet/wrought log/any other) you want to meet your order
Waiting for inputs,
Warm Regards,

Questions that i can answer:- 1-sand casting of cast iron,S.G. iron,steel and aluminium alloys 2-Gravity die casting of aluminium 3-Low pressure die casting of aluminium 4-High pressure die casting of aluminium 5-Failure analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous castings Questions that i can`t answer:- 1-testing of iron and steel 2-Problem related to welding 3-Problems related to corrosion 4-Amorphous metals,rubbers,nylon,plastics and plastic moulding

1-Sand casting and ferrous and non-ferrous alloys 2-Gravity die casting,low pressure die casting,high pressure die casting of aluminium alloys.With a specialisation in auto-mobile components castings. 3-Alloy steel making on arc furnace,AOD,VOD,Con-cast root of alloy steel making. I have been working as Foundry man since last 27 years.

Hindustan motors Ltd.

I am a Metallurgical Engineer graduated from National institute of Technology,warangal(India) in 1984 and in 1991 i completed my masters degree in business administration(M.B.A.) from Institute of Management Technology,Ghaziabad(India).