Metallurgy/Prevention of corrosion

Question
I'm a student of tenth grade and we have metallurgy chapter in our books. There I've got a doubt related to cathode protection from corrosion. What is that term??

Answer
Dear Student,

Cathodic Protection (CP) is a technique used to control the corrosion of a metal surface by making it the cathode of an electrochemical cell. A simple method of protection connects protected metal to a more easily corroded "sacrificial metal" to act as the anode.

A sacrificial metal is a metal used as a sacrificial anode in cathodic protection that corrodes to prevent a primary metal from corrosion, galvanization or rusting.

I hope , this meet your requirement.

RP Sharma

Metallurgy

RAJINDER PRASAD SHARMA