Metallurgy/Chemical analysis

"I did an experiment with cooper wire which is as follows:

First I took a copper wire and burnt it in excess of oxygen in a bunsen flame.

Black copper(II) oxide was formed.

Now I want to know how I could proceed with to obtain a final result of copper(II) chloride using sodium chloride.

Just for the sake of information I study in tenth grade.

An eager student,

Dear AB.

I had already answered this question.It seems you want to know the way of experiment which is as under:
Electrolysis (of copper chloride) is a way of splitting up (decomposition) of the compound (copper chloride) using electrical energy. The electrical energy comes from a d.c. (direct current) battery or power pack supply. A conducting liquid, containing ions, called the electrolyte (aqueous or molten sodium chloride), must contain the compound (copper chloride) that is being broken down. The electricity must flow through electrodes dipped into the electrolyte to complete the electrical circuit with the battery. Electrolysis can only happen when the circuit is complete, and an electrical current (electricity) is flowing, then the products of electrolysing aqueous copper(II) chloride solution are released on the electrode surfaces where they can be collected. Electrolysis always involves a flow of electrons in the external wires and electrodes and a flow of ions in the electrolyte and there is always a reduction at the negative cathode electrode (which attracts positive ions, cations) and an oxidation at the positive anode electrode (which attracts negative ions, anions) and it is the ions which are discharged to give the products.

Hope it meets your requirement,

Happy Christmas,

Questions that i can answer:- 1-sand casting of cast iron,S.G. iron,steel and aluminium alloys 2-Gravity die casting of aluminium 3-Low pressure die casting of aluminium 4-High pressure die casting of aluminium 5-Failure analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous castings Questions that i can`t answer:- 1-testing of iron and steel 2-Problem related to welding 3-Problems related to corrosion 4-Amorphous metals,rubbers,nylon,plastics and plastic moulding

1-Sand casting and ferrous and non-ferrous alloys 2-Gravity die casting,low pressure die casting,high pressure die casting of aluminium alloys.With a specialisation in auto-mobile components castings. 3-Alloy steel making on arc furnace,AOD,VOD,Con-cast root of alloy steel making. I have been working as Foundry man since last 27 years.

Hindustan motors Ltd.

I am a Metallurgical Engineer graduated from National institute of Technology,warangal(India) in 1984 and in 1991 i completed my masters degree in business administration(M.B.A.) from Institute of Management Technology,Ghaziabad(India).