Metals/Aluminium

Question
Hi
I have recently bought a laptop which has an aluminium bottom.The bottom gets very hot often,and mysterious scratches are appearing on the back.Is the back getting scratched because of a reaction between heat and alluminium

Answer
Lee,

The fast answer is no - there is no connection between heat and scratches.

The scratches are only caused by abrasion of a harder object against the softer aluminum case.  Heat has nothing to do with the scratches.  If you were concerned about the heat softening the aluminum, that only happens over 1100 degrees F, and your computer does not generate that type of heat.

Metals

Rich Fercy