Meteorology (Weather)/Weather daily forecasting times

You stated in an answer to a previous question that the daily high and low weather forecasts begin at 12:01 AM and end at 11:59 PM.  I am looking at the forecast in my local paper (Minneapolis Star Tribune) for November 22 which lists a high of 55 and a low of 47.  The forecast for the following day, November 23, lists a high of 30 and a low of 25.  If the 24 hour time period for daily forecasting is correct, how do we go from 47 to 30 at midnight?  This paper must be using a different time period for its forecasts, right?

Hi Jim

I have no idea how the Minneapolis Star Tribune forecasts and/or verify their forecasts.

I do stand by my "previous" answer with no modifications to it.

To see what happened on the 22nd & 23rd, take a look at:  

Meteorology (Weather)

Donald Rosenfeld

Any questions (except private) answered from the 1st grade level on up pertaining to any aspect of Weather. I am a 20 year member of the American Meteorological society and a long time forecaster of eastern United States snow storms and Hurricanes.