Meteorology (Weather)/Humidity

Can you tell me how much indoor humidity is relative to oudoor humidity? My mom has a humidifier running all the time because it's winter, but when I check, the humidity seems to always be around 85-90%. She does have central heating, but I'm not sure how much that affects indoor humidity.

She has a cool mist humidifier, which seems to cool down the living room too much, but I'm concerned about mold and how that high amount of humidity might destroy electronics (her computer is close-by).

Thank You

Typically indoor humidity is lower than outdoor humidity because of the house being warmer in the winter due to the heating system in the house. A humidifier in the house would cause high humidity levels only slightly related to outdoor humidity. High humidity levels are associated with favorability towards mold growth.

Here's some more info:  

Meteorology (Weather)

Donald Rosenfeld

Any questions (except private) answered from the 1st grade level on up pertaining to any aspect of Weather. I am a 20 year member of the American Meteorological society and a long time forecaster of eastern United States snow storms and Hurricanes.