Meteorology (Weather)/Winter Weather in Quebec

I hope you get to see this.  I'm wondering how many days out does the accuracy of the prediction begin to diminish?  I am going to Montreal and Northern Quebec next Friday 2/15 and although I'm looking at both Accuweather, and the Canadian weather sites, I'm thinking it is still too far away 7 to 8 days to be accurate regarding both temperatures and precipitation.  Can you, would you please enlighten me as to just really how many days out from the date I expect to be there Feb. 15 is really and truly the most accurate. I 'm guessing 3 to 5 days maximum.  Would be very happy to hear back from you.  thanks so much for your time.

Hi Glenn

2 days is best, then up to 5 days, then diminishes as you get to 10 days. The winter is less accurate then the summer.

A good site to look at long range forecasts is at:

and press on "Sixteen Day Forecast USA".

Meteorology (Weather)

Donald Rosenfeld

Any questions (except private) answered from the 1st grade level on up pertaining to any aspect of Weather. I am a 20 year member of the American Meteorological society and a long time forecaster of eastern United States snow storms and Hurricanes.