Meteorology (Weather)/Calibrating an aneroid barometer

I have heard that one should take altitude into account when calibrating a barometer.  I have an aneroid barometer, and we are  appx 1600 feet above sea level.  If I am to set my barometer to the only local weather station near us, they are just about at sea level.
If the altitude does make a difference, and I would think it would, how do I adjust for that on the dial after I take a reading from the local weather station?

Altitude does make a difference as seen in this image

This table will help you to calibrate your device by making sure that the hand operated measuring pointer is as many millibars HIGHER than the reading as that table indicates for your height (in other words about 36 millibars or so)

Meteorology (Weather)

Harry Hayfield

If given any US zipcode I can give you a forecast (detailed for the next 24 hours and summarised for the next five to ten days) and explain what precisely is likely to happen

I've been interested in weather since the early 1980's and regulary watch global weather forecasts on CNN and Fox News