Meteorology (Weather)/curious

It's said that one of the primary reasons why blue light is seen part of the morning & most of the day is because the Elector-magnetic color spectrum (ECS) is the "shortest" wave length of the ECS; yellow, red & sometimes violet, on the other-hand, are seen during dawn & dusk.  What exactly does that mean? Way does the length of the light wave determine what color of light is shown in the sky? Furthermore, why isn't green light almost never seen in the sky?  hope u can help
         Thank you

Hi Dan

I'm not knowledgeable on optical light wave lengths in the atmosphere; however, this site may be of help:  

Meteorology (Weather)

Donald Rosenfeld

Any questions (except private) answered from the 1st grade level on up pertaining to any aspect of Weather. I am a 20 year member of the American Meteorological society and a long time forecaster of eastern United States snow storms and Hurricanes.