Meteorology (Weather)/one more question

QUESTION: can u name some weather modifications other than cloud seeding which are helpful for human.

There have been proposals to put reflective metal pieces on the ocean surface, remodel terrain and / or reduce the amount of sunlight reaching the earth to modify the weather. None of those proposals have been instituted.

For more on the subject, see:

QUESTION: can you please tell me that what is the importance of snow and rain to mountains?

Hi Ken

Snow and rain are both important in that the run-off is important to the water supply / table in the flat land below.

Additionally, snow in the mountains is important to ski operations at ski resorts.

And, there is a rain-shadow effect from mountains:  

Meteorology (Weather)

Donald Rosenfeld

Any questions (except private) answered from the 1st grade level on up pertaining to any aspect of Weather. I am a 20 year member of the American Meteorological society and a long time forecaster of eastern United States snow storms and Hurricanes.