Meteorology (Weather)/temperature

I am trying to place a wireless temp sensor to get the most accurate reading of local temp.

Would it be true that it would be impossible to get a lower temperature reading (absent any moisture problem) than the "real" temp?  The unit will be located outside my home.

I know that I can get higher temperatures by locating it where radiation or dark ground cover can affect the reading.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ned

What you want to do is measure air temperature with-out direct sunlight, with some air flow going by and without material objects (heat sinks) near by. The sensor should be mounted away from walls or trees or the ground.

The weather bureau uses:

Meteorology (Weather)

Donald Rosenfeld

Any questions (except private) answered from the 1st grade level on up pertaining to any aspect of Weather. I am a 20 year member of the American Meteorological society and a long time forecaster of eastern United States snow storms and Hurricanes.