Meteorology (Weather)/bright star

Question
odd star
odd star  
On September 30 at 640am un Austin Texas looking east i saw what appears to be a very bright and close-up star. I took a picture with my mobile phone. At first i thought it was a airplane but it didn't move. Im heading north on I35, its 7:01am and the "star' is still there. Os it a star or a satellite?

Answer
It's not the best picture in the world, but I believe that's Venus. From Austin Venus is visible in the dawn sky. It will rise at 04:02 (CDT), 3 hours and 19 minutes before the Sun, and attain an altitude of 38 above the eastern horizon before fading from view as dawn breaks at around 07:05

Meteorology (Weather)

Harry Hayfield