Methodists/small church closings

Question
I am wanting to know who & how it is decided to close the small Methodist churches.  I belong to a small country church. We don't cost anyone any money.  We pay 'all' our bills & we have several charities.  We pay our apportionment, our minister & do not ask for help. We are small - 20 members. However, we have a beautiful little old church & a new small community building, all paid for.  We are on a list to possibly be shut down.  Why would they do that to us?  Thank you for your time.

Answer
Dallas:
I am so opposed to the closing of smaller churches. You will need to make your case for remaining open strongly. You will need to write up your case for continuing open. Don't be shy. Speak up. The District Superintendent is a key figure. There probably is an Annual Conference committee that may be involved. Contact them. The Bishop needs to be aware of your strong desire to continue and of your health as a congregation.  Find someone who can help you make your case. What about your pastor? You have to speak up with a positive case for continuing ministry.
I pray for you.
Pastor Delton

Methodists

Delton Krueger