Methodists/Prophets and Apostles

Question
Does  Ephesians 4:11  or any other Biblical /scriptural reference provide  a valid reason to state that there are no prophets and apostles today/2012 ?  

I believe  God  has commissioned people  to serve as prophets and apostles today , via His Holy Spirit.  What's true , based upon God's Word ?

Answer
Dear Sandra:

I agree with you, that God continues to speak through and with God's people. We are all made, like our first parents, in God's likeness and image. The Spirit who spoke through the prophets and at the first Pentecost continues to speak today. As the New Testament tells us, we need to judge what we hear by the message of Jesus and Scripture. Not all who claim to speak for God really do!

Methodists

The Rev. William E. Olewiler