Methodists/Trustees Fund Account

Question
Hello.  If the Trustees Board have a fund account (funds in a bank account), is it their responsibility to oversee that account or is it the church finance committee, treasurer, etc's responsibility?  I tried looking in the book of discipline and ran some searches online but it was of no help.  I am asking because our board of trustees had requested they take full responsibility of this account.  I just want to be sure I have a full understanding of this.

Answer
Ploua:
I have reviewed paragraph 2529 of the 2008 Book of Discipline regarding the Trustees. It is apparent that your question raises further questions.
It depends on the nature of the fund accounts that are held by the Trustees. It depends on what actions have been taken by the Church Council, and or Charge Conference. It depends on how "over see the account is defined. It depends on what the Trustees mean by "full responsibility".
I do not have adequate information to present an informed opinion. This is a complicated question. Perhaps the Pastor or District Superintendent can be called on for an opinion.
There also may be personality issues that are a part of the situation.
Do persist in your desire for full understanding. Keep in mind that a new Book of Discipline is just now being published and may have new information.
Pastor Delton

Methodists

Delton Krueger