Methodists/Trustees Fund Account

Hello.  If the Trustees Board have a fund account (funds in a bank account), is it their responsibility to oversee that account or is it the church finance committee, treasurer, etc's responsibility?  I tried looking in the book of discipline and ran some searches online but it was of no help.  I am asking because our board of trustees had requested they take full responsibility of this account.  I just want to be sure I have a full understanding of this.

I have reviewed paragraph 2529 of the 2008 Book of Discipline regarding the Trustees. It is apparent that your question raises further questions.
It depends on the nature of the fund accounts that are held by the Trustees. It depends on what actions have been taken by the Church Council, and or Charge Conference. It depends on how "over see the account is defined. It depends on what the Trustees mean by "full responsibility".
I do not have adequate information to present an informed opinion. This is a complicated question. Perhaps the Pastor or District Superintendent can be called on for an opinion.
There also may be personality issues that are a part of the situation.
Do persist in your desire for full understanding. Keep in mind that a new Book of Discipline is just now being published and may have new information.
Pastor Delton

Delton Krueger

United Methodist Pastor, District Superintendent, Conference Executive for over sixty years. Book of Discipline and General Conference experience. Also provider of information regarding the sacred days of the great world religions. Experience in working with many world religions and in business at Mall of America.

Author of a widely used interfaith calendar -
Over fifty years of experience in the field of religion with a primary focus on Christianity and including experience with people of world religions.

Mall Area Religious Council
United Methodist Church as ordained clergyperson
Bloomington Community Foundation

Portable Guide to World Religions 2007

Hamline University, St. Paul, MN Drew University School of Theology, Madison NJ