Methodists/SCHLORSHIP

Question
OUR CHURCH,ARE EXPERIENCING SOME FINANCIAL PROBLEMS, CAN WE USE
SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS?  AND WHAT REASON WOULD  GIVE THE FINANCE
COMMITTEE GROUNDS TO USE THESE FUNDS

Answer
Any funds that have been previously set aside for scholarship funds should not be used for any other reason, especially if they are funds that were collected or received as a gift for that purpose.  However, don't confuse "funds" with cash on hand.  Unless those scholarship funds are put in a specific and separate account at the bank, but being held in reserve out of your general bank account, you can use the cash. Remember that at some time, you're going to have to give this money out as scholarships.

I know this is a very confusing situation, but it really would take an accountant familiar with fund accounting to explain this (perhaps your treasurer or a CPA in your congregation).  

If you still have questions, (annd I expect you might), please write back with the information as to where those "funds" are, and where is the "cash".

Thanks for writing,

Carl

Methodists

Carl Fuglein