Methodists/The word GOD

I understand that the trinity teaches that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Ghost) are tree separate and distinct individuals.

According to my King James Bible when ever I see the word LORD in capitals it refers to Yahweh (or Jehovah).  Is that referring to the Father, Jesus, the Spirit or all three.

Basically I want to know when we read in the Bible the word "God" as the True God an not the false gods that many people worshiped, just who does that refer to.  Is it the Father, the Son of the Holy spirit or is it all 3.

Thank you

Dear Ben:

Since the Old Testament was written by Jews, who do not accept the idea of the Trinity, "the LORD" (which is a reference to Yahweh)means God as God, in God's fullness. Christians after the New Testament was written saw in that Testament God's presence as Father, Son, and Spirit. In both cases, "the LORD" refers to the True God in God's fullness (we Christians would say, as Father/Son/Spirit). In your words, "as all three."

The Rev. William E. Olewiler

United Methodist church structure and doctrine. Science and religion. Christian Education and the Sunday School. Religion and race. Women in the church. United Methodist pastor for 22 years. Member, commissions on Religion and Race and Status and Role of Women. Masters in Divinity and Religious Education.

Ordained deacon and elder, United Methodist Church. District and conference leadership.

Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, George Washington University, Washington DC Master of Arts, Political Science, Brown University, Providence RI Master of Arts, Teaching Secondary Social Studies, Teachers College/Columbia University, New York NY Master of Divinity, Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington DC Doctor of Ministry, Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington DC