Methodists/PPR and Youth council

Question
My first question is - Is it the responsibility of the SPRC to appoint an unpaid Youth Director for the Youth Council?

Next question is - Can the SPRC release a volunteer from their services and not explain the reason to them before they are released from their duties?

I have a third question - When meetings are getting out of control because of the complexity of the subject and members are getting mad and there is so much chaos should the DS be called in to monitor the meeting in order to get a solution to the problem?

Answer
"My first question is - Is it the responsibility of the SPRC to appoint an unpaid Youth Director for the Youth Council?"

Yes. If the position is that of Youth Director, even if unpaid, they would answer to the Pastor and the SPRC.  The Pastor may find the person they wish to have as a Youth Director, but the SPRC would need to approve that appointment ... even if volunteer.

"Next question is - Can the SPRC release a volunteer from their services and not explain the reason to them before they are released from their duties?"

No.  Or, in the very least, it would be quite unjust to tell someone that they are no longer allowed to volunteer in a volunteer capacity without also informing them of "why." It might be better if the Pastor and, perhaps, a single member of the SPRC be the one(s) to tell such a volunteer of why they are no longer to perform those duties.  Care should be taken to ensure that pastoral care for the volunteer, as well as confidentiality, is maintained.

"I have a third question - When meetings are getting out of control because of the complexity of the subject and members are getting mad and there is so much chaos should the DS be called in to monitor the meeting in order to get a solution to the problem?"

No.  The DS should only be brought in if the problems are relative to the pastor.  It might be necessary to bring in out outside mediator, and the DS may be able to help with this, but the DS him/her self really shouldn't become directly involved until/unless the issues is with the Pastor and his/her conduct of ministry.  

In the past, when I've served in congregations where infighting has been a serious problem, I have found that the congregation is more apt to receive guidance and counsel from the Pastor in overcoming rough edges.  In those cases where such simply isn't possible, outside consultants can be very helpful ... but the DS doesn't need to be brought in to deal with such matters.

If you have other questions, or would like amplification of any of my responses, please feel free to write again.

Methodists

Rev. Gregory S. Neal