Methodists/Love Offering

First, thank you for being available to answer my question.

I have been asked to boost the Love offering for an out of town speaker at a fast approaching convention.  I will not be the one to introduce her and her presentation will be given AFTER the offering boost.  I would like to encourage the attendees to be generous and to honor our guest speaker with a love offering. I'm really at a loss for just the right words to accomplish this.
I'd appriciate any help you can give me.

Can the person who asked you to do this be of more specific help? Someone will be introducing the speaker but can you in some way introduce the topic? You could be helped by seeing a copy of her manuscript or notes. I would expect the planners to be of assistance especially since they want  you to raise funds. Keep them on the hot seat for some assistance.
This may not be of much help but general requests for money are usually not very productive.
Bless you for taking on a fairly impossible task. Be nice to folks when speaking. Avoid acting like a bill collector or laying guilt on the people.
Pastor Delton

Delton Krueger

United Methodist Pastor, District Superintendent, Conference Executive for over sixty years. Book of Discipline and General Conference experience. Also provider of information regarding the sacred days of the great world religions. Experience in working with many world religions and in business at Mall of America.

Author of a widely used interfaith calendar -
Over fifty years of experience in the field of religion with a primary focus on Christianity and including experience with people of world religions.

Mall Area Religious Council
United Methodist Church as ordained clergyperson
Bloomington Community Foundation

Portable Guide to World Religions 2007

Hamline University, St. Paul, MN Drew University School of Theology, Madison NJ