Methodists/sppr special meeting

Question
Good Morning,
As chairperson of sppr our pastor is out on vacation and our charge conference is in 10 days we can not reach her can the chairperson call a special meeting to get our papers for conference ready as a committee without our Pastor being here,
 Please help asap as conference is right around the corner
     Peace and Prayers thanking you for this great site
 Shiela

Answer
Dear Shiela,

In order for your SPR to meet and the meeting be valid according to the Discipline you will need to have permission of either the Pastor or the District Superintendent.  In your situation, you should contact your DS for permission to meet without the Pastor's authorization or presence.  And, following soon after the meeting, you need to make sure the Pastor receives the minutes of the meeting and that you brief her on what happened at that meeting.

Blessings,

Methodists

Rev. Gregory S. Neal