Methodists/pastorparish chairperson

Question
I would like to know if i the pastor parish chairperson can attend the churchs trustees meeting,i've been told i can't

Answer
Donald, sorry for the delay in answering, I was out of town.

I can find nothing in the Book of Discipline that would preclude the ppr chair from attending the Trustees meeting.  There shouldn't be any conflict of interest that I see.

Whoever it is that is preventing you from attending, ask why you cannot attend, and ask for a paragraph # in the Book of Discipline.  If they can't respond with that, and you're unsatisfied, go to the pastor (unless he's the one preventing you), and then go to the District Superintendant, and if necessary, to the Bishop.  Just on the little bit of info you gave me, it sounds like someone has an agenda they don't want you to know about.  There are reasons why this happens, but the UMCs I've been to have been pretty open with all committee meetings.  I, seriously, would like to know what's going on here, so please let me know, and if I'm wrong and there is a BoD paragraph, I'd like to know about it so I can give the right answer next time.

Blessings,
Carl

Methodists

Carl Fuglein