Methodists/bible

Question
what does the term "fear of the Lord" mean? Probably not what it seems like on the surface. one scripture says we have NOT been given the spirit of fear, but of courage and of a sound mind... or something like that

Answer
John-

I guess it depends on your definition of fear.  I have this argument all the time with a friend of mine.  The Bible says fear of the Lord.  I personally do not fear God.  I respect God, but I don't fear him, because I know he is benevolent.

Let me do a little research in some commentaries I have, and I'll write you again tomorrow.

Blessings,

Carl

Methodists

Carl Fuglein