Methodists/Flat Jesus ? What is it?

Question
Rev. Neal,
Our associate Pastor has been using this term to describe Jesus and I asked her what it means. She did answer my question so I am going to ask you if you have heard this used and what does it mean?

The term almost sounds disrespectful in nature in my opinion.

BTW, Our associate Pastor is from the Liberal UCC tradition.

Thanks for any in sight you can give.
John

Answer
The only "Flat Jesus" I've ever heard of is a paper cut-out doll of Jesus that some people carry around with them or give to other people.  It serves to remind them that Jesus is always with them ... they're not alone.  I've never done it or known anyone who has ... it's just what I've seen some people doing and talking about on Facebook.

Am I right?  

Methodists

Rev. Gregory S. Neal