Methodists/requirements of a UMC member

If there is enough seating, is it okay for my family to attend church services when we have no interest in volunteering for any other church function?  We are going through a luke-warm malaise where we do not want to completely stop going to church, but we also are not contributing at all with our service (only prayers, presence & gifts).  If the church was completely full, I understand that we should make room for others, but this church has enough seating in the back.  Thanks.

You certainly should feel at ease in attending church services.  If you are contributing  prayers, presence & gifts that is more than many church members. Perhaps the "luke-warm malaise" may well be the prelude to a new spiritual burst of life. Sometimes that is what it takes. Your honesty is such a gift.  Thank you. Pastor Del

Delton Krueger

United Methodist Pastor, District Superintendent, Conference Executive for over sixty years. Book of Discipline and General Conference experience. Also provider of information regarding the sacred days of the great world religions. Experience in working with many world religions and in business at Mall of America.

Author of a widely used interfaith calendar -
Over fifty years of experience in the field of religion with a primary focus on Christianity and including experience with people of world religions.

Mall Area Religious Council
United Methodist Church as ordained clergyperson
Bloomington Community Foundation

Portable Guide to World Religions 2007

Hamline University, St. Paul, MN Drew University School of Theology, Madison NJ