Methodists/requirements of a UMC member

Question
If there is enough seating, is it okay for my family to attend church services when we have no interest in volunteering for any other church function?  We are going through a luke-warm malaise where we do not want to completely stop going to church, but we also are not contributing at all with our service (only prayers, presence & gifts).  If the church was completely full, I understand that we should make room for others, but this church has enough seating in the back.  Thanks.

Answer
John
You certainly should feel at ease in attending church services.  If you are contributing  prayers, presence & gifts that is more than many church members. Perhaps the "luke-warm malaise" may well be the prelude to a new spiritual burst of life. Sometimes that is what it takes. Your honesty is such a gift.  Thank you. Pastor Del

Methodists

Delton Krueger