Methodists/The Book of Life

Question
What is the Methodist Doctrine's definition and beliefs of "The Book of Life"?

Answer
The United Methodist Church has no specific doctrine speaking to "The Book of Life."
The Biblical references -- for example, those found in the Book of Revelation -- would tend to be understood my Methodists in a metaphorical sense as speaking about how, when we act in faith, God's grace moves in us and through us, Sanctifying us and making us more and more a part of his Kingdom ... and that this is part of the process of being "written" in the Book of Life.
However, there would be no specific doctrine on the subject.  It's not mentioned in the Articles of Religion.

Methodists

Rev. Gregory S. Neal