Methodists/Immediate family on same committee

The questions comes up at meetings that people from the same family can not serve on the same committee. I found in the Discipline that is true for PPRC, but what about other committees?
Thanks for your help.
Annettia Wisehart

Hi Annettia

The only committee that I'm sure of is the SPR.  The only other prohibition I found was that two people in the same family could not count money.  I looked at a couple other committees and saw little on committee make-up.  If you could give me an idea of what committee(s) you're concerned about, I'll research further.

Carl Fuglein

General questions about the United Methodist Church - its history, Book of Discipline, its stance on current issues, church politics and administration, etc.

I've attended United Methodist Churches for 40 years and been an "official" member for 33 years. I've held many lay positions within the church and am considered a church "leader".

I've attended the UMC lay speaking academy and am a recognized conference preacher.