Methodists/voting

Question
QUESTION: what are the vote requirements for moving services from one facility to another when a merger has occurred? is it a simple majority, 2/3 or 50% plus one or other?

ANSWER: I'm not sure I understand the question.

Has a merger occurred between two churches, with one church being merged into another? If so, the Conference Board of Trustees and the Annual Conference session should have determined which building to sell and which building was to become the residence of the new combined Congregation. At Annual Conference that's a simple majority vote, and it assumes that there has already been a majority vote of the local Churches' Charge Conferences to execute a merger.

If you can clarify your question I can, perhaps, provide more in the way of a response.  However, when it comes to Church Conferences and Annual Conference votes on such matters, the votes are simple majority votes.

QUESTION: to clarify:
THE 2 CHURCHES HAVE FOLLOWED PROTOCOL FOR MERGING INTO A SINGLE ENTITY INCLUDING A NEW NAME.
a CHARGE CONFERENCE WAS CALLED TO VOTE ON WHICH FACILITY WOULD BE USED FOR SERVICES GOING FOREWARD. tHE CHURCH NOT SELECTED WOULD BE SOLD PER CONFERENCE Board.
A VOTE WAS TAKEN. IS A SIMPLE MAJORITY SUFFICIENT?

Answer
Yes, a simple majority is all that is advisable.  There is no detailed requirement for this, however, since determination of worship location ultimately is up to the Pastor in consultation with the Trustees.  However, a simple majority vote is a good idea.

I'm sorry I didn't see this follow-up earlier.  For some reason I didn't get the email notification that there was a follow-up on this issue.

Methodists

Rev. Gregory S. Neal