Methodists/committee on nominations

Question
Does the chair of the Committee on Nominations have veto power over nominees?

Answer
David:
This precise issue is not addressed in Paragraph 258.1 of the 2012-2016 Book of Discipline of the UMC. 258.1 c) states that the pastor is to be the chairperson. In my experience the chairperson does not have the right to veto any person being nominated.  However, a local church may have some historic understandings beyond my experience. In any even, the District Superintendent needs to be consulted regarding this matter.
Pastor Delton

Methodists

Delton Krueger